Welcome to Weemple, a service provided by Marco von Bueren ("Weemple", "we", "our", or "us").
All the personal information we collect is related to providing the Platform and its features and falls into three general categories:
- Information you provide to us
- Information collected automatically
- Information we obtain from third parties
Information You Provide
We ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between us and you. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features of the Platform.
You don't need to register for a Weemple account in order to visit or use our Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Account Information - When you register any kind of Weemple account, you will need to provide your real name, shipping address, billing address, birth date, e-mail address and choose a password.
- Profile Information - you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Weemple – for example:
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
- your gender if you wish to provide it
- any additional information you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your e-mail address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself
- Communications - When you communicate with Weemple by e-mail or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Survey Information - If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information You Post - You may provide personal data when you upload to the Platform, or when you post comments.
- Your Body Weight Data - We may collect your body weight data, BMI, fat, water, muscle, bone, lean and fat free measurements, anonymously and only for technical reasons. When you disconnect from the cloud, we delete the data.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information - We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit, links you click on, third parties connections established, posting a comment, performing a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform.
- Log Data - We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you've used the Platform (including links to third party sites or services), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, your browser type and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you've viewed or engaged with before or after using the Platform.
- Location Data - When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalized content). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device's settings.
- Device Information - We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, apps installed, browser type, language, battery level and time zone. Apple's iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA) and Google's Android Advertising ID are examples of device identifiers. This information allows us to recognize and associate your activity, and provide personalized content and advertising, consistently across all of your devices.
- Software Development Kits - We may use third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Platform. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
Information From Third Parties
- Cloud Sign On - If you sign up to a third party cloud from our platform, you authorize us to collect technical authentication information, such as tokens, permissions and login status feedback. We don't collect your third party username and password.
- Cloud User Data - We may collect user data received from third party cloud, such as body weight data, BMI, fat, water, muscle, bone, lean and fat free measurements, anonymously and only for technical reasons. When you disconnect from the cloud, we delete the data.
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make in your Settings.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Platform
- To operate and maintain your Weemple account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your e-mail address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Account.
- To identify you as the author of the comments that you post and/or other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- If you purchase a Product, your name and address will be used to process your purchase. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
- Your e-mail will be used to send you service and notifications updates.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- We use your birth date to enable age restrictions.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activity.
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- To improve your experience on the Platform by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- To customize the content and measure performance of any e-mail, push notification, or in-app message we may send to you.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Weemple or its partners.
- Use automated systems and decision making to profile user characteristics and infer preferences based on information that you provide to us, your interactions with the Platform and content and your profile information. We also use automated systems to associate your activity over time across devices, and may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID, in order to determine that certain devices are related to each other and provide you with a personalized experience across devices and platforms.
- Ads are more effective when they are shown to people who are likely to be interested in the product or service advertised. For this reason, we use the information we collect and receive to help us select which ads to show you on behalf of advertisers. This includes information you choose to provide to us and make available to us when you interact with the Platform, as well as general location data. We may also display ads based on the page you're on or content you have recently viewed, searched, or listened to. This allows us to show you ads that will likely be more relevant and interesting to you.
- When we engage third party services such as ad-networks and exchanges that enable us showing you targeted ads, we may also allow them to collect certain information such as cookie data and device identifiers. That information is used to sync or match users to segments and serve targeted advertising, including based on device activity, inferred interests, and general location information.
- Combine information we collect about you with information from business partners and use it to serve more relevant advertising.
We may use your data for other purposes, provided we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and provided that you consent to the proposed use of your personal data.
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Platform may be shared by you or by us.
- Through Your Profile - Any information in your public profile (other than your e-mail address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, comment and send you messages.
- With Your Consent - We will disclose your information if you have agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information, including the purpose(s) for which we will use the data.
- Advertising - We share the data collected about you, generally in hashed, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and advertising service providers and business partners in order to serve ads based on your interests and measure the reach and effectiveness of those ads, including whether a user took an action (e.g. purchase a product). We may also share cookie data and device identifiers with service providers for data matching purposes, in order to improve ad targeting.
- Aggregated Data - We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we render in such a way that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other pseudononimized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- Protecting our Rights - We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors, officers, or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform.
- To Our Affiliates - To enable and support us in providing the Platform and Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within the Weemple Group. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Platform globally.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
- Managing Weemple Settings
If you register an account, you may manage the content and information you share when you use Weemple through your account Settings, including for the features explained below. You are solely responsible for keeping your Settings up-to-date.
- E-mail - You can adjust your settings in the "Settings" page to disable e-mail and desktop notifications (other than important service updates and essential notifications about the Platform or your account). All commercial e-mails and newsletters also allow you to unsubscribe at any time.
- Analytics - To control whether we collect analytics and usage information, including through cookies and similar technologies, you can adjust your settings in the "Settings" page.
- Marketing - If you do not want to receive personalized ads, offers or other marketing messages for Weemple products or services, you can adjust your settings in the "Settings" page.
- Advertising - If you do not want Weemple to deliver "interest based" or personalized ads for third party products, you can adjust your settings in the "Settings" page. Please note, however, that even if you opt out of personalized ads, you may still see ads, but they will likely not be as relevant or useful to you.
- Deleting Your Account - If you have an account and would like to delete it, you may do so by adjusting your settings in the "Settings" page. If you delete your account, all data associated with your account (except for backup copies), will be deleted and may not be recoverable. We therefore advise you to copy or backup all content uploaded to your account before deletion. Even if you delete your Weemple account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of Weemple's control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform. Please note that deleting any Weemple Apps, or any third party apps to which your Weemple account is may connected, will not delete your Weemple account.
- Managing Device Settings
On your mobile device, enable the "Limit Ad Tracking" setting in your iOS phone's settings, or the setting to "Opt out of Ads Personalization" in your Android phone's settings. To opt-out of location tracking when using our Apps, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
- Managing Browser Settings
To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Platform or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
- Additional Choices and Controls
For more information about analytics and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out page, or http://youronlinechoices.eu.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Weemple before a competent data protection authority.